When should your child get tested for COVID-19?
Are you concerned that your infant or child may have been exposed to COVID-19? You can get rapid COVID-19 testing in East Orlando for your child and get results within the same day.
At Night Lite Pediatrics we provide quick and convenient COVID-19 testing services for pediatric patients near East Orlando, FL.
Children of any age from newborns to young adults aged 21 can be tested for COVID-19.
You should get your child tested if:
- They have been exposed to COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If your child has COVID-19 symptoms including a persistent cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell.
- If your child does not have symptoms but you are concerned about possible infection, our doctors at Night Lite Pediatrics East Orlando will advise if a test is necessary
Can you also get tested when you bring your child for COVID-19 testing?
At Night Lite Pediatrics, we also provide testing for the parent or guardian provided they meet the following criteria:
- Parents or guardians that bring their child in for testing
- Less than 65 years old
- Have no or only one underlying condition such as diabetes or hypertension
- Have no COVID-19 symptoms
- Not pregnant
- Not immunocompromised
- Not on any anticoagulant
What COVID-19 tests are available at Night Lite Pediatrics?
If you need COVID-19 testing in East Orlando, we offer two types of tests.
Rapid COVID-19 antigen test
The antigen test for COVID-19 is done using nasal swabs. The antigen test is used to detect the presence of COVID-19 proteins and can be done in both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
The COVID-19 antigen test gives results in as little as an hour so results are received within the same day.
COVID-19 molecular test /PCR test
The molecular or Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 is done using a nasal swab. This type of test is the most accurate for detecting an active infection including variants like Omicron and Delta. However, the PCR test results can take 3 to 5 days.
What to expect when you come for a COVID-19 Test?
When you bring your child for rapid COVID-19 testing, we will provide the test at our clinic’s curbside. This limits the risk of exposure for you, your child and other patients.
Once you arrive at our clinic, you can check in at the front desk with your insurance card and photo ID.
What safety precautions are
observed at the East Orlando clinic?
At Night Lite Pediatrics we take extra care to safeguard the safety of our patients and prevent potential exposure to COVID-19. Some of the safety precautions we take at the clinic include:
- We ask anyone visiting our clinics who is 2 years or older to wear a face mask. We can also provide a mask for those who do not have one.
- All our staff wear protective clothing and equipment during testing and evaluation to ensure the safety of you and your child.
- All our exam rooms and equipment are fully sanitized after each visit.
How much does rapid COVID-19 testing cost in East Orlando?
Cost with insurance
All insurances cover COVID-19 testing for suspected patients, those who have been exposed and patients under observation. However, your private insurance may require you to copay or cover the cost of coinsurance or deductibles.
Cost with no Insurance
Without insurance, COVID-19 testing costs $160.00. Should you require a full visit it will be converted into our self-pay ranging from $160 to $400.
Why Choose Us
Night Lite Pediatrics has been providing quality patient-centric health services for children for over 17 years. Our team of healthcare professionals is committed to delivering the best in pediatric health services including COVID-19 testing for children in East Orlando.
We are located at 11325 Lake Underhill Rd # 103 Orlando, FL 32825. You can reach us at 407-398-6703 during our opening hours: 4 pm-midnight on weekdays and 12pm-midnight on weekends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you do not need a referral to bring your child in for COVID-19 testing.
We recommend you book an arrival time, however walk-ins are welcome. All our urgent care clinics accept walk-ins for in-person consultation and testing at our clinic’s curbside.
You can call us at (407) 398-6702 or visit our clinic today at 11325 Lake Underhill Rd # 103 Orlando, FL 32825. We’re open late 7 days a week.
STAY IN THE KNOW
Keep me updated with news and knowledge
from Night Lite Pediatrics Urgent Care