Signs Your Child Needs a COVID-19 Test
Are you looking for quick and convenient COVID-19 testing in Winter Garden? At Night Lite Pediatrics we offer rapid covid 19 testing for children with same day results. Our urgent care clinic is located at 13750 W Colonial Drive, Winter Garden, FL 44787.
If your child has symptoms of COVID-19 or they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive you can visit our clinic for a rapid COVID-19 test. We treat children of all ages ranging from newborns to teens and young adults.
COVID-19 can present with various symptoms and in some cases no symptoms at all. It is recommended that you take your child for testing if they have the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills.
- Persistent cough.
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Congestion or runny nose.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Not everyone with COVID-19 develops symptoms. It is also important to bring your child for a COVID-19 test if they have been exposed to the virus by coming into contact with someone who is positive or showing symptoms of the virus.
You can reserve a spot for your child’s test online or call us at 407-905-4717. We also welcome walk-ins at all Night Lite Pediatric clinics.
What Types Of COVID-19 Tests Are Available?
Rapid COVID-19 testing can be done using the PCR test or the antigen test.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test: The COVID-19 PCR test detects active COVID infections including strains such as Omicron. The PCR test is a molecular test which tests for the presence of viral genetic material in the sample.
When conducting a PCR test for COVID-19 our health care team will take a nasal swab from the patient. PCR test results can take up to 3-5 days but this is the most accurate COVID-19 test available.
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test: The antigen test is a rapid test that gives same day results. This test is conducted by taking a nasal swab from the patient just like a PCR test. The antigen test will detect the presence of any viral proteins.
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test results can be ready in as little as an hour so you will get your results on the same day. Antigen tests are not as accurate as the PCR test but they are effective and reliable especially when used a few days from the onset of symptoms.
What To Expect When You Come For a COVID-19 Test?
At Night Lite Pediatrics our rapid COVID-19 testing procedure is quite simple. We welcome walk-ins but it is recommended that you book online to reserve a spot.
On the day of testing, you will need to bring your photo ID and insurance card. Check in with the front desk on arrival and our friendly team will advise you on the next steps.
You do not need a referral to bring your child for a test at our clinic. Our opening hours are 4pm to midnight on weekdays and 12pm to midnight on weekends. You can also call us at 407-905-4717 if you need more information on COVID-19 testing.
We Care About Your Safety
We want to ensure that you and your child are safe when you visit our clinic and have put the following measures in place.
- We ask anyone visiting our clinics who is 2 years or older to wear a face mask. If you do not have one, we can also provide one for you.
- Our staff wear protective clothing and equipment during tCOVID-19 testing and evaluation to ensure the safety of you and your child.
- All our exam rooms and equipment are fully sanitized after each visit.
Cost of Covid testing
- Cost with insurance: COVID-19 testing for suspected patients, those who have been exposed and patients under observation is covered by insurance. Your private health insurance provider may require you to copay or cover the cost of coinsurance or deductibles.
- Cost with no Insurance: If you do not have insurance, COVID-19 testing costs $160.00. If you require a full visit, it will be converted into our Self-pay ranging from $160 to $400.
Why Choose Us
Night Lite Pediatrics has been providing quality patient centric health services for children for over 17 years. We have expert pediatric doctors on our team to ensure that your child receives the best in health care. We provide safe and quick COVID-19 testing for children in Winter Garden along with other pediatric services.
Can Parents Also Get Tested?
When you bring your child for COVID-19 testing, you can also get tested to rule out an infection. At Night Lite Pediatrics we provide rapid testing in Winter Garden for parents or guardians provided they meet the following criteria:
- Have no more than one underlying condition such as diabetes or hypertension if any
- Have no COVID-related symptoms
- Not older than 65 years
- Not immunocompromised
- Not pregnant
- Not on any anticoagulant
STAY IN THE KNOW
Keep me updated with news and knowledge
from Night Lite Pediatrics Urgent Care