Hurricane Preparedness List
The following items are recommended for inclusion in a basic disaster supply kit:
- Three-day supply for non-perishable food Baby formula, diapers, bottles and pacifiers.
- Three-day supply of water – one gallon of water per person/pet, per day.
- Portable, battery-powered radio or television with extra batteries.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- First aid kit and manual.
- Prescription and over the counter medication, eye glasses, contact lens solutions, hearing aid batteries.
- Sanitation and hygiene items (moist towelettes and toilet paper).
- Matches and waterproof container.
- Extra clothing.
- Important identifications (passports, birth certificates, social security cards).
- Cash and credit cards.