Newborn Urgent Care Questions and Answers
Night Lite Pediatrics has experienced physicians, nurses, technicians, and medical assistants who provide immediate, compassionate care for newborns 7 days a week. Visit a location near you today! For more information, call us. We serve patients from Greater Orlando, Jacksonville, West Melbourne, and Port St Lucie Florida areas.
Newborns have health issues outside of regular pediatrician hours. However, the emergency room is sometimes an unnecessary expense. Our team at Night Lite Pediatrics Urgent Care are highly trained in urgent medical care for newborn to children of all ages. Find out where you can visit your nearest Night Lite Pediatrics location in Greater Orlando, Jacksonville, West Melbourne, and Port St Lucie Florida areas.
Read below what people commonly ask when searching for the nearest newborn urgent care in Florida area.
Can I Take My Newborn to an Urgent Care?
While some urgent cares may not have newborn pediatricians onsite, you can rest assure that Night Lite Pediatrics does accept newborn patients and has top-rated pediatricians who specialize in urgent care for newborns to children up to 21 years. It’s a convenient solution if you can’t get into your pediatrician’s office right away and don’t have a serious enough issue to visit the emergency room. We treat your newborn in a calm environment with a gentle approach.
When Should I Take My Newborn to Urgent Care?
Below are some signs your newborn may need immediate care. If you are unsure, you are also welcome to call your nearest Night Lite Pediatrics location to find out if you should bring your child in for a visit.
Bring your child to our urgent care if:
- Your newborn is vomiting or has diarrhea.
- Your newborn has a fever of more than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. This tends to mean your newborn is battling an infection. We provide the necessary treatment and supply you with advice on keeping your little one comfortable.
- If you notice your newborn has a rash, one of our practitioners can help. We determine the cause and prescribe a cream to clear it up.
- Maybe your newborn is unusually fussy. If you bring him or her into our clinic, we’ll examine your son or daughter and find the cause. For instance, your newborn may have an earache or another issue you can’t see.
- You may want to bring in your newborn if he or she has a noticeable change in appetite such as your child has refused several feedings.
- You may also want to bring in your child if he or she is eating poorly.
- Changes in behavior – for example: your newborn is crying more than usual or is extremely difficult to console if something is wrong.
- You can bring your newborn in if you notice he or she is experiencing any allergic reactions – for example, skin rashes or redness.
- If your baby isn’t drinking an adequate amount of milk and has fewer tears or wet diapers, you can bring your baby into our office. We can also assist if your baby is constipated.
- You may notice discharge around your newborn’s eyes. This can mean a clogged tear duct or a possible infection. We can help your newborn in either case.
Urgent Care vs ER – When Should You Bring Your Newborn to the Emergency Room?
If your newborn has an injury that causes uncontrollable bleeding, you should bring your newborn to the ER. Seizures or a loss of consciousness are both reasons to bring your child into the ER. You want to opt for the emergency room if your child had a head injury, deep cut, or burn. Any time you notice your child’s skin or lips look blue, gray, or purple, you should bring him or her into the ER. Basically, any time your newborn has a potentially life-threatening issue, you should opt for the ER rather than urgent care.
Does your urgent care allow walk ins?
We happily accept walk-ins and no appointments are needed. Just walk into one of our clinics throughout the Florida area and quality and compassionate newborn care! Visit our locations page to find out each location open hours and directions.
However, if you prefer to schedule an appointment or do not have time to make a visit, we do offer the convenience of scheduling a telemedicine appointment and you can connect with one of our doctors from the comfort of your own home. Visit our telemedicine page for more information.